CENTRE FOR ACADEMIC DEVELOPMENT (CADe)
The Centre for Academic Development (CADe), Universiti Putra Malaysia was established on 2nd January 2004 with its core function being the development of teaching and learning. CADe has three divisions:
- Academic Staff Development
- Development of Teaching and Learning
- Innovation of Teaching and Learning
The function of each division is as follows:
1. Academic Staff Development
- Develop and implement Continuing Professional Development (CPD) UPM programme to academic and professional staffs inside and outside the university;
- Conduct Basic Training in Teaching and Learning (KAP) for the new appointment UPM lecturers;
- Managing the implementation of Online Teaching Assessment (TA); and
- Produces publications related teaching and learning.
2. Development of Teaching and Learning
- Managing Incentive Grants Research of Teaching and Learning (GIPP);
- Monitoring the achievement of KPI (MyMOHE and UPM Strategic Plan);
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring teaching and assessment; and
- Provide advice and support for teaching and learning.
3. Innovation of Teaching and Learning
- Management and support services in the implementation of e-learning management system, PutraBLAST and PutraBLASTarc in the Putra Learning Hub;
- Coordinate the development and management of PutraMOOC;
- Providing support for the development of e-content; and
- Explore the latest technologies and innovations as well as freeware.
Updated:: 25/05/2018 [azryadeny]