This course is a 6-day intensive training which introduces to the UPM’s new lecturers the important aspects of teaching and learning and effective students' supervision in order to better prepare them for the tasks. Participants are exposed to the outcome-based curriculum design and development, principles and approaches of teaching and learning, effective delivery techniques and assessments, and teaching portfolio. Participants are also introduced to the theory and practical aspect of research in teaching and learning from data generation to publication.
Upon completion of the workshop, participants are able to:
- Plan an innovative and effective teaching materials.
- Develop a portfolio of teaching practices.
- Conduct research on teaching and learning.
- Teaching and Learning at Higher Institutions: Concept and Goal
- Design and Management of Curriculum for Outcome-Based Education (OBE)
- Developing Learning Outcomes and Soft Skills
- Assessment of Learning-Outcomes: Cognitive Domain
- Assessment of Learning-Outcomes: Psychomotor Domain
- Assessment of Learning-Outcomes: Affective Domain
- Assessment of Learning-Outcomes: Soft Skills
- Students Diversity and Teaching Approaches
- Student-Centred Learning: Case Studies
- Student-Centred Learning: Problem Based Learning (PBL) and Project Oriented Problem Based Learning (PoPBL)
- Student-Centred Learning: Modular Approach
- Student-Centred Learning: Interactive Learning
- e-Learning Concept and Application
- Professionalism in Academic
- Effective Student Supervision
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
- Teaching Portfolio
FUNDAMENTALS OF TEACHING AND LEARNING COURSE SERIES 2/2017 - COMPLETED
FUNDAMENTALS OF TEACHING AND LEARNING COURSE SERIES 1/2018 - ASSESSMENT
For enquiries and further details, please contact
Bahagian Pembangunan Pegawai Akademik (PPA), CADe
03-8946 6135 (En. Azry Mohd Adeny / Cik Azura Adam)
Updated:: 30/03/2018 [azryadeny]